Chelsi House, LMHC, RYT offers specialized wellness classes consisting of Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga taught within a trauma-informed lens. Participants are invited to explore deeper connections with their bodies in a way that is gentle, healing, and safe.
Yoga is an exceptional practice that allows each student to connect with their mind, body, and spirit on a higher level. Faith-based yoga classes are offered to provide deeper connections with your heart and mind, and teach meditation and relaxation to improve awareness and connection to your body. Many students have found that a consistent yoga practice enhances their relationship with the Lord as they allow themselves to become more open with themselves.
Benefits of Yoga & Mindfulness
Yoga has been shown to the offer the following mental health benefits:
- Stress relief: by incorporating breathing and relaxation techniques through practice, yoga helps to lower the levels of a stress hormone called cortisol.
- Improved concentration and memory: focusing on the present moment is a strong element of yoga, which helps one become more alert and aware. This creates a pathway to improved reaction time, concentration, and memory.
- Improved mood: researchers have found that yoga may be superior to other forms of exercise in its positive effect on mood and anxiety.
- Anxiety and panic attacks: through elements of mindfulness, yoga can help alleviate the symptoms of anxiety, and help decrease onset of panic attacks.
- Depression: yoga can help address the symptoms and root causes of depression.
- Managing symptoms of psychiatric disorders: studies suggest that symptoms for disorders such as bipolar disorder, major depression, and PTSD, can be managed easier with yoga.